Jesse Handel
Jesse Handel, Scientist
Experience:  B.S. Degree Chem. & Bact. 10 yrs tax preparation.
Type Your Question Here...

World War II Naval Air Force Question: In the South Pacific

World War II Naval Air Force Question: In the South Pacific Battle of Leyte Gulf (23 October - 26 October, 1944) which planes were carried and deployed by the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise (CV-6): Corsairs? Avengers? Helldivers?

[Note:  Trying to recategorize this question to the appropriate expert area but not finding that option.  Assistance?]

Hello and thank you for coming to our website. We appreciate the opportunity to help you with your questions. According to the book "The Big E" by Edward P. Stafford which is the history of the Enterprise; at the Battle of Leyte Gulf, the Enterprise carried and deployed Hellcat night fighters, Hellcat fighters, Helldivers, Corsairs and Avengers.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need any clarification of this information, as I will be happy to continue helping you.