Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

What is the breakdown per 10 meters in 1/100 of seconds of

What is the breakdown per 10 meters in 1/100 of seconds of the 8 runners in the 100m sprint final London 2012 (won by Usain Bolt)?
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to have the info by the weekend as I am preparing for a presentation I need to do next week where I intend to use the data. Below an example, I need that for the 100m final London 2012. Can you give me an update by Friday latest? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Attachment: application.pdf

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your efforts. As said I can wait until the weekend and hope you'll manage to get the answer. Good luck.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX am researching the information now and I will get back to your shortly.

I have been researching this information for you but I've had difficulty finding the time broken down in the detail you need. I'm still looking, however.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks or your perseverance. Erik Jan.
You're welcome. I've been able to acquire a database of the raw data for all the 2012 results from all events. But in querying the specific information related to the 100m, the detail is limited to the final times. I'm not sure why this information is so difficult to come by. There's no doubt that it's recorded - olympic rules require it, and at a resolution of 1/1000 second (the last digit is dropped however, unless there is a tie). Still looking!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update, as you say the info must be there but is very elusive. Hope you're successful, keep me posted. Thanks, XXXXX

Erik. the best I've done so far is the 20 meter splits for Bolt. Still researching.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's great progress. Like you, I'm still hoping for the other competitors but this is already very useful.

It's funny. I do underestand the interest in Bolt... and I do know that these numbers are used for analysis. I've even tracked down the person that did this analysis, but he's out of town and doesn't have access to the others (at least as of yesterday). I'm trying again today, though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, any luck? I need to submit my presentation tomorrow morning UK time. Thanks again for your perseverance. Erik Jan.
Sorry for the delay. I haven't heard back from the author of the Bolt Stats, and I haven't been able to get enough data to compile them elsewhere. I have found the 10m split time data from other 100m races, but the same data from the 2012 Olymics has been quite elusive. Still not giving up. Let me know if data from another race would be of any help at all. Still looking for the correct data, though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I now have done the presentation, just using the Bolt times. Thanks for your help, despite not getting to a completely satisfactory outcome. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Erik, sorry for not getting all the split times. Based on the amount of searching I did, I'm thinking that they haven't been calculated yet for all the athletes. I know there is some substantial work that goes into getting those split times from video. I had also searched for other split times for 2012, and all I was able to find were those that are recorded in real-time, like relay and sports with defined segments.

If I was helpful enough to earn a 3 star rating or above, please rate my level of service below. If not, you can choose not to rate and I will not be compensated. Please don't provide a poor rating unless you think it's appropriate.

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.