Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
Experience:  Jack of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of bit.
Type Your Question Here...

I was on a college computer. You have to login with your username

I was on a college computer. You have to login with your username and password XXXXX access the desktop. So far, so good. I logged into my personal yahoo account and replied to an e-mail. not my school e-mail, which [email protected] I am concerned about the privacy of my yahoo e-mails. Are they private, even though I wrote them on a public (i.e. school) computer? Could someone in the school theoretically access the content of my yahoo e-mail?
Hi and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you.

Yes your E-Mails are essentially private no matter if it is a public or home computer because it was sent through the internet. Unless someone was directly monitoring and in which case they usually have to have a reason to monitor you, your E-Mails are safe. Now your school email goes through the schools servers and those are potentially readble by the IT staff of the school so don't use your school email if you don't want anybody looking at the contents.