Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
Experience:  Jack of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of bit.
61965098
Type Your Question Here...

will endust 5% kill bed bugs

Customer Question

will endust 5% kill bed bugs
Category: General
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately no. The spray won't kill them and spray a ton on them to create a drowning effect won't work either since they can't technically drown. The breathe differently. But heat will kill them. For example using a steamer to project scolding steam on them would kill them.
Sijad H., Consultant
Experience: Jack of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of bit.
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.
****Please remember to rate this answer, based on the information provided****

Keep in mind, they(the bed bugs) feed on blood, and while they can survive a very long time, longer than 1 full year its important to understand they are like other animals and will move if needed(if alive as well) to try to find more food.

I would strongly recommend using professional heat remediation. Unfortunately unless its professional exterminators and their chemicals, you might be spending money on products that won't work. These bugs are TOUGH.

Thermal remediation - basically heating the bugs to roughly 120-130 and keeping it there for their determined length of time. They would be heating your home to a temperature higher than eggs and adult stages can survive thus killing them.

It is effective against a myriad of pests. The issue in your case is figuring out if this is even offered locally to you.

It is effective. Do not attempt this on your own, make sure the professionals are insured.

Though its hard for me personally to give an idea of the cost as I do not to this as my profession in your area - they need to come in and inspect as well as map out the area. If you had to treat your entire unit, you could expect roughly $1500-3000 for a 1500-1800 sq ft area.

I think its worth the guarantee of killing all of them, and I can only imagine your frustration being unable to rent the unit.

Best of luck

Mike - just a reminder: please remember to rate my answers