TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Entrepreneur, Life Coach and Social Worker
64783947
Type Your Question Here...

PGA or LDA Professional Expert, even though I drive the

PGA or LDA Professional Expert,

even though I drive the ball 300-320
i really never feel like I get through the ball and onto my left side. I have had some of the best of the best help me, watched several videos, but I don't seem to fully get it. I am coming more from the inside and using my body more; but still really never get fully to my left side which costs me 25 yards or more. What is your thoughts on getting to the left side? Please just respond no forum please!
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
continue to wait, i am a pro myself, but cannot help myself w/o others imput
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
transfer quest to coach jenk that is who i wanted anyway please!
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.

Welcome back. I thought the long game was going great? I still maintain you have a reverse pivot which prevents you from fully getting to the left side. My hunch is that on the back-swing you are shifting your weight to the left side rather than to the inside of the right foot. Get that left shoulder over your right toe. If your left shoulder is over your left foot, you are in a reverse pivot and almost impossible to shift the weight properly. I would love it if you could attach a photo of your back-swing right before you are ready to uncoil.

On the downswing try and swing toward one o clock as you make impact with the ball and finishing around 11 o clock. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Jen, your probably correct, makes sense why I am still hitting good ball 320 and not getting thru left side. I developed a bunion that I am having removed on the inside of left big toe and is probably inhibiting correct transfer. Your spot on again!
That makes sense....Now we can also use the bunion to your advantage. If on your back swing you are putting pressure on it, then you know you are not transferring your weight to the inner portion of your RIGHT foot. On the downswing you also should feel too much pressure on it. You cannot get through to your left side properly if you have not loaded up on your right side initially. You need to fully coil to the right side in order to uncoil and let it rip!
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience: Entrepreneur, Life Coach and Social Worker