SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

I have a digtal home safe, I can"t get it opened,I have the

I have a digtal home safe, I can"t get it opened,I have the key and I have tried to open it with my code,but it wont open. Its a S-25E safe. Please help.
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.

FitnessSpecialist :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX you available?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

are you there

Customer:

are you not recieving my message

FitnessSpecialist :

Can you read what I am typing?

Customer:

yes

FitnessSpecialist :

Ok great

FitnessSpecialist :

what happens when you type in your code?

FitnessSpecialist :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX the way :) - sorry for the technical difficulties

Customer:

nothing

FitnessSpecialist :

do you get the regular key beeps when you type them in/

Customer:

yes

FitnessSpecialist :

do you hear a "click" when you finishing typing in the code?

Customer:

no

FitnessSpecialist :

ok so the lack of that sound is indication of no power to actuator OR a failed actuator

FitnessSpecialist :

replacing the actuator is obviously impossible via the internet

FitnessSpecialist :

but lets replace the batteries

FitnessSpecialist :

one moment while I type the instruction for that

Customer:

the batteries are inside the safe

FitnessSpecialist :

is there a square cover on the outside

FitnessSpecialist :

with a small hole

FitnessSpecialist :

look very carefully

Customer:

yes

FitnessSpecialist :

You can usually access your battery panel from the outside through a small hole, using a small hex allen wrench or something like a thin screwdriver, perhaps even a paper clip to press in and disengage the cover and slide it off. You can then replace the batteries which in a majority of cases are double A batteries(generally 4) and replace the cover

FitnessSpecialist :

you need to make 100 percent sure the batteries are brand new

FitnessSpecialist :

sometimes the safe can power the display and sound but if the batteries are low there may not be enough voltage to provide enough umph to the mechanical action

FitnessSpecialist :

How we lookin

Customer:

how will I get into the safe to change the batteries, when the safe is locked.

FitnessSpecialist :

You stated you found the pin hole in the cover, correct?

Customer:

Its not a pin hole its a square hole!

FitnessSpecialist :

Ok thank you. You didn't say exactly what it was, I only received a "yes" in reply

FitnessSpecialist :

Now for the purpose of figuring out what youa re looking for in detail

FitnessSpecialist :

wouldyou be able to slide a small tool inside the square hole you have

Customer:

Sorry in fact there is two square holes.

FitnessSpecialist :

The point of asking this is that it would be a very unwise decision to create a safe that permanently locked itself if the batteries died IF there was no way to unlock it or power the safe

FitnessSpecialist :

the safe is not registering as a sentry safe

FitnessSpecialist :

regardless

Customer:

I have tried that but it does"nt go in.

FitnessSpecialist :

the covers can be VERY VERY tight

FitnessSpecialist :

if you look around the edges, there should only be 3 seams

FitnessSpecialist :

indicating the direction the cover should slide off

Customer:

yes there is three seams, the cover sits in the seams and there is no way to slide it off.

FitnessSpecialist :

that should be the purpose of the 2 holes

FitnessSpecialist :

to release a small very slight latching mechanism

Customer:

The hole at the bottom just hits of the metal when you insert something into it , the hole at the top is nothing, theres nothing there

FitnessSpecialist :

have you tried yet using the holes as leverage to slide the cover off?

Customer:

Ive just realised what the holes are for .to put the cover over the key hole.

FitnessSpecialist :

Have you tried putting something thin in between the middle seam to try to create some space to take off the cover?

Customer:

When you say cover what do you mean.

Customer:

Let me explain this safe to you .This is a small safe, on the door is the lock and the numbers for the code,

FitnessSpecialist :

Thank you.

FitnessSpecialist :

But would you agree if the safe batteries died and there was no way to open the batteries compartment from the outside that that would not be a smart design?

FitnessSpecialist :

im sure there is a slight chance that could be the case

FitnessSpecialist :

but what options i am trying to exhaust with you is hopefully identifying a way to remove the cover

Customer:

I reckon your right

Customer:

There is no cover its all attached to the door.

FitnessSpecialist :

Im looking at a photo of the front assembly

FitnessSpecialist :

does it look like the entire thing could slide down

FitnessSpecialist :

?

Customer:

I have got the safe opened, just kept putting my code in and it opened.Thank you for all your help I really do appreciate it I will buy a decent safe. Many thanks.

FitnessSpecialist :

Thank you very much for your patience. Sentry Safes are considerably more reliable, but remember, change the batteries out..say every other time you replace smoke detector batteries.

Customer:

Cheers

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist