Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Hi there, I was wondering if you could please tell me the

Hi there,
I was wondering if you could please tell me the safest way to take money to Bali. We have visa cards, but do they have atm machines there.
Thank you Lindy

Hello Lindy, and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you with your question.

The safest way to take money to Bali is in the form of Traveler's Cheques. Debit/Credit cards (including Visa and MasterCard) are widely accepted in the larger hotels shops and restaurants and you can use them in most areas. Yes, there are many ATM's available in Bali. You can withdraw cash from banks, but they are not open on Sundays.

There are 'moneychangers' all over Bali, but make sure to know the current exchange rate and count your money very carefully after you receive it, as it is widely known that some people have unbelievable ways of ripping off travelers and tourists.

The unit of currency in Bali is called the rupiah.

I hope this information has helped and I wish you a wonderful trip!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, and are satisfied with the information, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit for assisting you.

Best regards,
Cher