Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics
11297241
Type Your Question Here...

A detail in the Roman Catholic ritual.

A detail in the Roman Catholic ritual.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Is this a question about microsoft office or something else?

Please let me know.

Thank You
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Now this IS quite funny! I was looking for a category called Religion and was quite surprised not being able to find anything in JustAnswer. Or maybe the mere fact that my question transformed into a question about Microsoft Office is a miracle in itself.

Seriously, I'm looking for an answer about a detail in taking the sacrament in Christian ritual. If you happen to be a Catholic, there we have another miracle, otherwise you might kindly pass me on to someone

who is.

Thanks for the reply.

I am going to send the question to a moderator and see if we can get you a professional with expertise in this area.
Hello. I may be able to assist. What is your question and which sacrament are you referring to?

Hello.

You opened up a separate question to continue, so I will post it here:

Some people take the piece of wafer directly from the priest, others want to have it first in their open palms and eat it from there. Any idea about the reason behind this?

In 1969, Pope Paul VI began to allow Communion by hand because various diocese had been allowing this, and the trend was in favor of uniformity among all churches. The Roman Catholic Church strongly favors taking Communion in the mouth, because there are fragments of the wafer left on the hand that go to waste. Taking Communion by mouth is also a sign of being humble. Pope Benedict XVI recently suggested that Communion she be accepted by the mouth and kneeling.

I do my best to answer the question you have posted. If you need additional information or clarification, please use the “Reply” option. Otherwise, please kindly rate my service so that I can be compensated for my efforts.
Lady Themis, Internet Researcher
Experience: Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics