SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Which is the best airmiles credit card value

Hi Susan my name is Mike,

You have a couple of options based on the amount of time you are looking to accumulate and the amount of money you are actually going to spend.

Chase Sapphire Preferred has a waived fee the first year, as well as up to 40 thousand points as a bonus if you spend enough(all the nitty gritty is in the link).

Capital One Venture Rewards speaks for itself with 1.25 miles per dollar spent and a 10 thousand dollar bonus the first time you pass 1000 dollar spending within the first 3 months.

Escape by discover also has a great dollar to mile ratio of 2. The caveat though, the real weak point is that the miles expire in 18 months.

All of them are roughly the same, though you should decide based on their respective interest rates and what kind of balance you intend to carry which is the best for you. I think despite the higher APR(15ish) the Chase card is great but I would choose between the Capital One Venture and the Chase Sapphire because of the balance of bonuses with APR, but again I personally don't like to carry a balance.