Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

Our daughter is very ill and they are sending her to the Mayo

Our daughter is very ill and they are sending her to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN immediately. We have to be there Monday. We live in Alabama. They have a diagnostic pediatric team so that she can be taken care of quickly. They have seen a spot but when she goes to Mayo they can do a more in depth MRI and diagnose her properly and figure out what can be done. Is there any programs or grants or even loans that can help us with medical travel. We are already about to go into foreclosure on our home, and we are behind on everything we have even had a car repossessed. She is only 3 and her condition is just getting worse. We are in really bad financial shape but it isn't more important than her life. Is there anything out there that can help us in anyway financially? It can be for our house payment, our travel, her medical needs, our utilities, anything we just need help and any help will do.

You can try Angel flight to help fly your daughter to the Mayo Clinic: They offer flights for medical reasons and for situations like yours.

The Red Cross, St Vincent De Paul, United Way and Salvation Army will help with rental, utilities, or mortgage payments. You can contact local Churches as many have special funds to help families in need.

The Shriners are geat for helping children:

(800)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/div>
The Elks, Moose, Rotary Club, Exchange Club and the Free Masons all help Children in need and may be able to assist you. The key is to contact these organizations and getting the word out.

Ronald Mc Donald House has quarters for family to stay while the child is in the hopital.

Facebook has a site to set up a Fundraiser for your daughter. You can set it up so anyone can make a donation for the fund to help your family: It is called can set up a fundraiser with the site and has helped several people I know who have been affected by illness and storms. Social Media is a strong way to raise funds. If you post your story and have the YouCaring set up, you should get help through Facebook social media.

I would also contact the TV stations about your plight and people who see the story may help you out with paying some of your bills or donations.

Please let me know if you need further help and I will continue to try and assist you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much I have been searching for days and out of everything you listed all I found was angel flight! You are a great help!!

I coordinate a program in Fl that helps families in need and these are the contacts that I have used to get help. The TV station and Face Book are the best to get the word out fast. Time is not in your favor, so I suggest using those two to get teh word out and follow up with the other organizations.