SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

why dont they make a 14 CRESCENT WRENCH

why dont they make a 14'' CRESCENT WRENCH

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Mark.

Can you elaborate on your question a little bit more, so I am better informed to provide you with the best answer possible.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi mark, my cousin the farmer who has nothing better to do, has this on his bucket list! he really would love to know why they dont make a 14" crescent wrench. They go from 10 to 12 to 15" ! He begged me to find out why!!! Maybe the crescent company would know! thank you! sorry This is so ridiculas. I said no at first and then he said wont you feel bad if i would die and you didnt help me find out the reason why. marlene He's paying for your service too! lol

The reason there isn't a 14" crescent wrench is relatively simple, as odd as it is. They don't make them in 14 inch because there already are those 10, 12 and 15 inch wrenches.

When a tool is proven to be effective and already versatile a manufacturer will not manufacture a specific tool, let alone an adjustable tool to fit the potential situation of a specific need. In other words, 10, 12 and 15 inch crescent wrenches fit basically all situations and their inherent adjustability allow them all to fit into the "in between" situations.

IF by chance someone needed a shorter lever with the strength afforded by the 15 inch wrench, they literally could just cut 1inch from the end of the tool to make it shorter, without affecting its functionality whatsoever.

That's why they don't make a 14" wrench - the 12 and 15 already fit all situations in both bolt/nut size and afforded leverage and would otherwise be a superfluous addition to a toolbox - not to mention be expensive to manufacture and heavy to carry.

Please remember to rate the answer - it costs you nothing additional.

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist