Norman M.
Norman M., Researcher, Lecturer and Psychotherapist
Experience:  ADHP(NC), ECP and UKCP Registered.
14727623
Type Your Question Here...

Is it good to get a male baby circumsized over not getting

Is it good to get a male baby circumsized over not getting it. When is teh best age?
Category: General
Expert:  Norman M. replied 2 years ago.

NormanM :

Hello, I'm Norman. Are you ready to chat?

NormanM :

I see thatn you are still offline, so I am going to

NormanM :

switch this to Question and Answe mode, and leave an answer for you there

Experience: ADHP(NC), ECP and UKCP Registered.
Expert:  Norman M. replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me please what you mean by "over not getting it"?

Why do you want to have the baby circumcized?

I need this information in order to help you with this question.

Regards, NormanM
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello I meant should we circumcize him, because I heard that he will have better hygiene in the future. What are the benefits if any?
Expert:  Norman M. replied 2 years ago.
There are potential benefits to male circumcision, and these include easier personal hygiene, a reduction (in later life) of urinary tract infections, a lowered risk of penile ot prostate cancer. If it is to be done it appears that it is best done in the first ten days after birth.

That said, none of the major healthcare authoriries in the US, UK, Australia, Holland and Canada recommend circumcision as a routine procedure.

There are other implications. Some peole say that circumcision is a forced , un-necessary intervention on a person who has not been able to make a decison for themselves about it, and that it should be l3eft until lkater lifen so that the person can make a choice himself.

Additionally, some men develop psychological problems in later life resulting from early circumcision.

It is a difficult choice, but these are the factors you have to consider.
Expert:  Norman M. replied 2 years ago.
Was I able to answer your question - if so, please rate my answer, and if not please tell me what other information you would like.