Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

What is the best way to get rid of bats that hang out on the

What is the best way to get rid of bats that hang out on the outside screen at my gable vent?
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today.

Hi!I understand the problem of having bats around our place. Since the colony of bats bring us nuisance because of the smell of their (guano) droppings, which gives problem in sanitation. They also bring rabies and viral diseases, the best way is to have a physical exclusion of these animals. You can hire bat expert in your hometown.

Let me know of your location so I can find list of services for this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't afford to hire Batman. How do I do this myself?

Alright!If I am also in your position, I would find ways myself to get rid of these animals. Here are some options, you may want to try.There are products which will help you remove these. Please check here: http://www.animalcontrolproducts.com/Bats.html. You can call them at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor you can email them, too. Please check on " contact".

Before doing anything with the Bats you need to check with the Fish and Wildlife Commission in your State. Bats in most States are protected by the Govenment laws and you can be fined heavily for touching or trying to catch them.

You also need to be aware that Bats are heavy carriers of Rabies, so if you would be bitten by one you will need to be seen immediately by a Doctor and have that Bat caught for examination for Rabies.

Your best solution is to make contact with the State about the laws that govern the Bats. You can use this link to help with some information: http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/mammals/housebat/discuss.htm

Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just like the government to protect something that carries rabies and other dangerous diseases.

I just want to make you aware of the legal issues that are involved with doing anything with the Bats. Fines can be quite high if they are federally protected. The best thing is to contact the Fresh Water Fish and Game Commision in your area and ask what can be done. They may even have someone come out and relocate them for you. The information I have given you is for your protection from illness and legal issues.

If my answer has been helpful please do not forget to rate me postively. I am a different Expert than who you have rated above for their answer.

I tried to give you all the documented information possible.

Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There appears to be two experts replying to my answer. I am very well versed in using Google myself. I need an expert with specialized knowledge regarding methods of deterring bats.

I am a different Expert than who you gave a poor rating. I gave you some information on who to contact about what can be done about the Bats, which would be your local Fresh Water, Fish and Game Commission. As I suggested they may have someone come out and relocate the Bats for you, or tell you what can be done to keep the Bats away from your property.. If you are not satisfiied with the Information I supplied, please Do Not Rate my answer, and I will opt out and see if I can get a Home Improvement Expert to assist you. I am also a Pet Expert and familiar with the laws governing wild animals.

Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.