SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

i have a 1980s univaga 12 speed i just went through the whole

i have a 1980's univaga 12 speed i just went through the whole bike im wondering if there's any body out the who can give me a general idea how much i should sell it for? i can down load a picture if someone is interested in my question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for using JustAnswer.

Using a comparative analysis with recently sold bikes and current bikes up for sale, with aluminum wheels and being a general Univega you should be able at the minimum to sell this for around $120 for a quick sale.

$150 to $170 would be a medium to higher average price, but the bikes with the alloy crank and downtube shifters should stretch to $200.

Keep in mind this is market dependent and really depending on how sharp you can get the bike. I would start at $170-175ish if its in nice condition and then you will have some room to work your way down(or the customer to work you down). I would say on average, 150-160 is a great price for both the purchaser and the sell.

SmileGreat bikes - my friend who worked for Cannondale and previously at other major mfgs, comments on how neat these bikes still are.