Andy4712, Consultant
Experience:  I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.
Type Your Question Here...

Obamacare...Could you briefly explain how Obamas health

Could you briefly explain how Obama's health care plan will change/benefit people (mainly the middle class) and when it will be put into affect. Quick background on myself... We have a comprehensive medical insurance through my husband's company. I'm grateful we have coverage but we pay $1200 a month on premiums alone, even of we don't see a doctor. We rarely go to the doctor's office and so you can see my frustration concerning the hefty premiums we pay, mostly going to someone else's diabetes medicine or something. In my state of Hawaii, it's hard to find individual medical coverage, and even then, there's underwriting you have to go through. Will Obama's plan provide some relief for me in my situation and many other middle class families facing the same thing?
Category: General
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 4 years ago.
Obama's Health Care plan will require all individuals to obtain health insurance. No one really knows what it will do for the middle class. The theory is that by requiring everyone to have insurance and setting up insurance exchanges it will lower the cost of insurance. However, it does appear that it will benefit the insurance companies the most since everyone will need to buy insurance. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply. Thank you.