Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

I have a View sonic Monitor that is very slow to turn on. It

I have a View sonic Monitor that is very slow to turn on. It takes about 4-5 minutes of jiggling the mouse to get it to turn on. Once it is on, it works fine. Can this be repaired or should I just get a new one?
Hello and welcome. What is the model number of the View Sonic monitor (this is on the back of the unit)? Can you confirm me that moving the mouse have nothing to do with it (if you wait the 5 minute with the hand crossed on the back :))?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model # XXXXX
If it take longer and longer each weeks, it's probably the capacitors on the power board that start to get resistive (as they heat the leak less current and can almost look like they are normal, allowing the monitor to power up). Capacitors cost cents so it's sure worth it to at least try to change them.

Replacing capacitors require soldering, if you are not familiar with it, a repair shop should be able to perform this under 40 minutes.

What i often do to see if it's that problem when the system eventually work or work randomly is to blow hot air (with an air dryer) without melting anything (just to get the caps warm) and then see if work.

The service manual i have is incomplete but i found this from someone that replaced cap on that model (they are often all the same that fail):