JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
14211116
Type Your Question Here...

I am1 month and 375. of deposit behind. They want to evict

I am1 month and 375. of deposit behind. They want to evict me for none payment of rent How do I get help with rent. I am disabled and low income.
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. What state do you live in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I live in MI.
Thank you. Have you contacted the Department of Human Services and/or your local United Way?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, for the simple reason I rec'd this at 5:00 on Fri. And as I said I only have I day to resolve this. I am in a panic of not having a place to live not to mention to recover from surgery
You can contact your local United Way by dialing 2-1-1 on the phone and see if they have any cash assistance program for you. http://www.uwmich.org/2-1-1/

On Monday, you can contact your local DHS office for assistance. Their programs are detailed here: http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,4562,7-124-5453---,00.html

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

What are your options now?

If you wish to continue this conversation, click on the Reply tab.
If you are satisfied that I have answered your question, then please rate the answer with “excellent service” so that I receive credit for assisting you. Positive ratings are the only way I receive credit for assisting you today.

IF you feel the need to click either
"Helped a little" or "I expected more," then do not rate me (not yet, anyway!). Instead, reply to me using the REPLY tab. Specify what additional information you need and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thanks,
~~ J.B.