Andy4712
Andy4712, Consultant
Experience:  I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.
17793914
Type Your Question Here...

MY FATHER VOLENTEERED IN MY BUSINESS, IN 2002-2004 HE WAS

MY FATHER VOLENTEERED IN MY BUSINESS, IN 2002-2004 HE WAS BOOKKEEPING, HE WAS TELLING ME I AM LOOSING MONEY, HE WAS STEALING, I FOUND HIS BANK STATEMENTS OF 2003, DEPOSITED CASH IN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. CAN I TAKE HIM TO COURT? HE VOLUNEER SO I DID NOT PAY HIM SALARY, WHAT CAN I DO, CAN IRS DO SOMETHING ABOUT, OR POLICE? I AM IN CONN
You can demand that he return the money. If not, then you can file a suit for collection. You can also contact the police. It does not matter if he did not work as an employee. He still stole the money. I hope this answers your question. If not, the please reply. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i went to police, they said they can not do anything about it. statue of limitation is over. forget about it, i can not accuse some one without proof. so i got proof in 2010, this happen in 2003. 2004. can i file by my self in court.
Yes. You can represent yourself in court. Sometimes the statute of limitations can be tolled if you did not discover it until a certain date. What state are you in? I hope this answers your question.