Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Type Your Question Here...

What can I use to keep rabbits from eating my peppers

Hello. I can assist you with your question.

Are you in the US? A shotgun is one environmentally friendly method. But here is probably a better one:

Things you will need:

A good quality spray bottle (because you will be spraying a quart of liquid each evening, you'll want to invest in a commercial spray bottle from the hardware store. They cost around $4.)

A large bottle of Tabasco sauce from the grocery store (it doesn't have to be an expensive brand name, but buy the hottest, cheapest Tabasco you can find!

An empty gallon water or milk container.

A gallon of warm water.

1. Mix 1 Tablespoon of Tabasco in one gallon of water and shake well. This will give you 4 quarts of what I call 'Bad Bunny' spray. In fact, label your gallon of mixed solution clearly so no one gets a surprise - this stuff is HOT, even at a tablespoon per gallon dilution!
  2. Spray in early evening before the rabbits arrive to feed. Spray the entire grass area around your garden, especially any area where you've seen them enter your garden (they tend to be creatures of habit. If you let the grass grow a little higher, they'll stop and feed before entering your garden. Bunnies do NOT like the taste of hot pepper on their breakfast! They run away from the area, and if you spray over several evenings (especially important if rain or dew has washed away the spray) you will discourage them from returning.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it a try
Great. Let me know how you make out.

Please remember to rate my level of service before leaving. Thank you!

Hello Louie!

I just wanted to follow up on the question you had regarding rabbits eating all your peppers. Have you had a chance to try that concoction? I'd be interested in knowing how you made out with that.

If you still have questions, or if there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know.