A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

Hi I have desk broblem in my lumber 4th and 5th vertebra. When

Hi I have desk broblem in my lumber 4th and 5th vertebra. When I sit and stand up suddenly I have a feeling of electrical shock coming from the lower back. No numbness in the legs . My Doc in Kuwait gave me Celebrex I didn't use it at all I was on muscadol only. He prescribed 200mg tablet twice a day. Iam taking vitam B all types together to prevent the nerve damage. I started to take Celebrex 2 days ago but once aday. What is your recommendations please am I doing the right thing and is that the right medicine for me. I felt far more better when I took it . For how long can I use it please? Is there any better medicine? I was using something called zirdalud it was given to me when I had severe spasm when I was there?
Thanks a lot
I remain
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 2 years ago.

Welcome and thanks for your question. The first order of business should be to see a neurosurgeon to find out exactly what the "disk problem" entails. Without a proper diagnosis there really isn't a proper way to treat it.

Both muscadol and zirdalud are muscle relaxants, used to treat muscle spasm. Muscadol also contains acetaminophen (also known as paracetamol or Tylenol) for pain. Celebrex is one type of anti-inflammatory medication that relieves inflammation and swelling that can impact nerves, and also relieves pain. It is less stressful on the stomach than some other prescription anti-inflammatories such as naproxen, diclofenac, and indomethacin. It should be taken as directed. There is no way to tell what is the "right" medicine until you have a complete diagnosis.

A "disk problem" can mean many things and proper treatment can be oral medications to relieve inflammation, medication for pain, steroid injections to relieve inflammation around the nerves as they exit the spinal column, physical therapy, or surgery to remove any pressure on the nerves and stabilize the spine.

All the best,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She was the wrong expert to answer my question

Why have you given me a rating of bad service instead of replying if you wanted another expert to answer you. By the way, the information given will not change regardless of the messenger.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I read about the information you have given it os available but u didn't answer how long the Celebrex can be taken. I know the whole methods of treating the disc problem I have read about them. I am sorry to say that I didn't get the answer I expect.

Thanks alot

Celebrex can be taken for years if necessary. Sorry, I missed that little piece in trying to give you the most comprehensive answer possible to your questions.

What answer did you not get that you expected? And why didn't you reply instead of giving a negative rating? "Need more help? Reply below with more questions!"

I take negative ratings very seriously since my answers are as comprehensive as I can make them. Just Answer takes them seriously as well. Not only do I not get paid, but can be dismissed from the site for poor ratings, and "bad" is the worst rating there is.

I am always willing to work with a customer to provide whatever service they expect, but they have to let me know what that is.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much I need to kow please the 200 mg once aday can be taken for month for example or only 5-10 days. Is it safe if you don't have any other health problem to take for months?

Thank you very much
I appreciate your prompt answer

If someone needs to take it for pain, for arthritis, etc., they can take 200 mg once or twice a day for years at a time. Patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis do this routinely, and remain on it for years. It has the benefit of being less irritating to the stomach than some of the other anti-inflammatory drugs, and is marketed for long term use. We are talking months to years rather than days. A member of my personal family has been on it for 5 years with no problem whatsoever. If there were a problem, I would have had it stopped long ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot the answer was very satisfying.

Thanks alot

I'm glad you are satisfied. Now can you please change that "bad service" to excellent so I can continue to provide answers for other customers?

Thank you so much.

Schuyler

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research