Bryan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Many years of internet research experience. I also run my own business.
10522817
Type Your Question Here...

Why doesnt my refrigerator work?

Why doesn't my refrigerator work?

bryanpaul52 :

Can you get me the make and model number ? What is this doing ? do the lights and fans run ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sub-Zero, model 550. The lights are on, I hear something that sounds like a fan and the freezer works but the refrigerator won't refrigerate.
okay . on the top over the doors theres a grill behind the grill there are compressors. (two) can you feel them and tell me are the both hot,warm, or cold? or is just one hot warm or cold?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, the compressor on the left is hot and I can hear that it is working. The one on the right is cold and is not making any noise. I can also see that the fan is working.
okay sorry the sites a little slow right now, do you hear the one on the right click about every 3-5 minutes at all ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is not making any clicking noises at all.
okay. the problem is either the compressor relay has failed or the compressor itself has failed. you could try replacing the compressor relay (you would need to contact Sub Zero for the part #) and see if the compressor starts. if it doesn't the compressor would need to be replaced. thats a job that would need to be done by a certified tech however. hope this info helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan