Mark
Mark, eConsultant
Experience:  General Expert
12104952
Type Your Question Here...

Hi there recently I was driving my lifted truck through town

Hi there recently I was driving my lifted truck through town and got pulled over by the mto and they took my plates and I had to tow my truck home,,,they wrote unfit vehicle right across my ownership,,,they said if I get the truck sAfteyed I can register it again and continue driving it,,,my question is this,,I have a guy that wants to buy the truck right now and he is aware of what has happened,,,is it possible for him to buy it then saftey it himself,,,,???because I'm wondering if he can still register it in his name but not drive it on the road until he gets a saftey done for it,,,please let me know thanks!!!!!
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Mark.

Yes, you can still sell the truck and transfer the ownership papers to the new owner. The only thing the new owner won't be able to do is get insurance for it until it is inspected.

I hope that helps to answer your question, but if you need anything else feel free to reply back.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you are seeking.

Thank you,