Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Type Your Question Here...

I dont know what category to ask this question. How do

I don't know what category to ask this question.

How do I write a cover letter to a resume? What info does a cover letter contain and how mulch info is in it?
Thank you for your question:

When students, coworkers or customers ask me this question, I usually refer them to an excellent (non-commercial) site - The Purdue Online Writing Lab. They provide an excellent review of cover letters and resumes.

The one thing I like to stress is the need to customize the letter to the employer and position. The more you know about the employer, the position and how you would SPECIFICALLY benefit their organization

Cover letters

I also recommend an excellent book with a strange title: What Color is Your Parachute

This book is in it's 40th edition, and is an excellent guide to finding a job/career change. There is also a free website associated with the book

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.