Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

Is it possible to send a picture to you of a weed or plant

Is it possible to send a picture to you of a weed or plant and could you identify it?
Hello and welcome. Sure, you can use the insert image tool of the toolbar to do this. If it does not work well with your internet browser you can always post it to and post us the link.

If you can add observational info to that plant it could also help.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Martin,
No, unfortunately the image tool does not work with my browser and I've never posted anything before, so I don't know how to do it. My pictures are in jpeg format. Is there an e-mail address I could send them to?

We can only communicate the current way.

Did you try ? Just click on the "computer" button on that page, a file selector will appear. It's not called the "simple" image sharer for noting :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src=""></iframe>
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you go into the "+" section (other sharing option) and then give me the direct link (the one that probably have the jpg extension).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I really don't know. Are all the leaves like that? It almost look like some mite early in the leaves development caused deformations.

I know of this:
That can create "babies" at the end of the leaves as an additional dispersion methodes but that is a completely different plant, but perhaps the same mechanism happen there also?

Any particular smell if crushed and rubber between your finger (sometime it help to figure out the plant family).

Ok i see a different leaf in the other link you posted. The denting is similar to some tree leaves but not an aspen or a birch. Is that a woody plant?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In the third picture, was that the last stage of the flower or do they develop into longer appendage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, it's more like a burr on the bark. Hasn't grown any.
OK. It's not obvious without being there in person but i grew pecan at one point and the larger/rounder leaves at the bottom and the numerous defect on the leave is something that i remember being characteristic. So as you are in Canada i think it could be a Northen Pecan or an Hickory.

My second choice would be an ash but the bur would not correspond. I am not sure about the hickory either as i don't have any of my Carya tree family fruiting yet.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks so much for your help and the info.
My pleasure and don't forget to rate me.