SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Why is Japan, Germany, China, Hong Kong and USA or America

Why is Japan, Germany, China, Hong Kong and USA or America the most advanced in technology places in the world at the moment?

Linda Roch : Hello and welcome! If you have any other questions, please let me know and please leave positive feedback.
Linda Roch : The USA is the most advanced in tehcnological places in the world.
Linda Roch : We have the most schools focused on technology as well as the most published papers on technology
Linda Roch : In addition, we lead in technological developments as a whole (while Japan may lead slightly in electronic inventions).
Linda Roch : The point is that many talented researchers immigrate to the United States and thus, we end up having the most talent available to come up with the most technological advancements, and we have the capital to make those ideas a reality.
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience: I am a good researcher
According to the UN's(United Nation's) achievement index FINLAND is actually the most technologically advanced country in the world.

There are 3 "T" words to development - technology, talent, tolerance keep this in the back of your mind when considering each country as a tech superpower.

Japan is actually #2. Depending on what type of technology you are considering, you could argue that Japan is also a leader as a MAJOR amount of consumer and professional electronics as well as computer based technologies, camera a video equipment as well as a host of other items originate in this country. There is a major competitive drive between all the major manufacturers in that they want to produce a quality item to fit the top of its respective class, but also to do so in a way to fit a majority of the population's budget.

The USA is ranks roughly #3 on the list. China ranks around 30th for innovation type development, though they have a strong output in manufacturing, using other nations as their business provider.

One thing to consider is the amount of people in each major and the amount money channeled into research and development as well as the global research. This would put Finland at #1 but the US around the 6th place mark. Depending on what you considered technology, Germany would be considered an automotive technology along with other parts of Europe that specialize in parts and machines that fit INTO other machines(planes, boats etc..) that reach final assembly in other parts of the world.

The reason these countries rank where they rank is the amount of money they actually have to reinvest into development and research, the amount of people they have that actually depends on the technology(though "depend" can be subjective) and the fact that the talent required to further this technological development is actually supported by the economy.

Excellent question - its been a pleasure working with you today.

Please remember to rate the question in a positive way so I receive a mark for assisting you. It would be a pleasure to work with you in the future - you can request "FitnessMike" if you would like to work with me exclusively as well.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What did you mean by?: There is a major competitive drive between all the major manufacturers in that they want to produce a quality item to fit the top of its respective class, but also to do so in a way to fit a majority of the population's budget.
Hi William,

Thank you for the reply to me - was my particular answer helpful to you? I saw that a different answer was accepted that wasn't mine I just want to be sure as I purposely spent a lot of time to help you understand, and provide accurate objective information.

Please clarify this for me if you would :) so that I can receive credit if that was your intention.

Lets look at 1 arbitrary product - a digital camera in Japan. Now lets say we are looking at Nikon and Canon, 2 of the top producers. There is a major competitive drive between Nikon and Canon to continually product better and better cameras, with more features, sharper images and at a price point low enough that it will result in a large amount of sales.

We can use the point and shoot style versus the DSLR professional bodies. Point and shoot cameras are inherently cheaper, therefore they account for a LARGE amount of sales. The DSLR cameras fit a specific need but are considerably more expensive.

If Nikon or canon didn't have a competitive drive against each other to produce a very high quality camera for a price that most people could afford, there sales and there for technological innovations would not advance.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry Mike i just accepted the other lady's answer because she answered some of my question would have done the same for you if you was her and yes you explained it properly thank you very much Mike sorry for the misunderstanding I thought each expert you can accept these and yours also for example.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will accept your last answer, but I don't want to be rude and you misunderstand me so I will wait for you to reply back then accept because I don't want to sound rude just to make sure by you replying back what I said so I know am not being rude.
Thank you very much for the accept. I didn't take it as you being rude, I just wanted to be sure myself.

My primary concern was making sure you got the correct accurate information from an objective source as I noticed the initial answer provided to you unfortunately wasn't correct.

Again I really appreciate the accept, so thank you :)/

William are there other questions i can answer for you? It was a great question and it has been a pleasure working with you on this. I would like to continue working with you if you have more things you would like answered as well.

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No that's all thank you very much Mike. I don't always say thank you in anyway at all because I usually just accept answers from experts so that's how I thank them am not sure if that's the right way?