SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Which is the best alcohalic beverage to serve with strawberries,

Which is the best alcohalic beverage to serve with strawberries, to enhance the flavor of the strawberries?
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I would like an answer. A romantic setting, strawberris possibly chocolate covered, What to drink? Not looking to get smashed, looking to

enhance the mood.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I apologize for the delay on the response to your question. I was just notified by the moderator that you were needing immediate attention.

The best thing, in my opinion, to use would be a brut champagne. It will still have a sweetness with a nice bubbly champagne that should really nicely complement the chocolate covered strawberries.

If you need any extra information, just hit reply to expert. I wish you all the best for your romantic experience.

:-)
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.
My name isXXXXX would like to give you an experience based answer on this question. For a long time I was an avid wine drinker, I took a lot of time to learn and experience and as my palette opened up and I was able to taste and discern flavors better, it allowed me to safely introduce others I knew to wines and spirits without the fear of them disliking something "strong" immediately.

When pairing food and spirits its important to really take into account that they will play "off" of each other in place of playing with each other. In other words, it sometimes is not great to pair something sweet with something sweet or something dull with something dull. You would want a complimentary relationship so your mouth and brain can tell the difference.

Its very common to pair a sweet item with something a little more tart, to allow the palette to have a reference when going back to each.

I would strongly recommend a Riesling wine or a Gewurtztraminer which are white wines known to be "juicy", fruity, sometimes a dry crisp finish and very complimentary to things like chicken and spicy food, but provide a very refreshing juicy sometimes tart flavor to compliment desserts. The great thing about this is it can transition right from dinner to after dinner desserts without opening another bottle.

The other positive thing about Rieslings and Gewurts is that they are relatively "easy" for those who may not be wine or alcohol consumers. Where dry red wines may turn people off, or those that have a very tannin(y) flavor, these 2 wines are awesome in that they have a nice smooth taste, very fruitful(though there are some less fruity), but do not have any overwhelming characteristics that would potentially turn someone away.

They finish very clean as well. Excellent to drink I would recommend both as they are quite similar. The juicy, clean finish with a tiny little tart would compliment the sweet strawberries perfectly. In fact, if you felt compelled you could put frozen strawberries in the wine as an "ice cube".

If you require something a little sweeter, something like a Moscato would provide more sweetness, and could be used as a dinner wine without being sugary or overpowering.

I hope this helps - please hit reply if you would like some more information, and remember: if this helped please simply select a 5 star so I am paid from JustAnswer for my time helping you.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
I haven't received a rating for my answer. Are you having issues rating me? Please reply back and let me know; rating is a critical part of the question process. Thank you