hrguru206
hrguru206, Consultant
Experience:  Human Resources Professional, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida
62657179
Type Your Question Here...

Earlier today I was asked or given an opportunity to select

Earlier today I was asked or given an opportunity to select "full screen"(I think I might have been on a FAcebook home page. At any event I selected full screen and now I can't get out of it and I cannot see the dock, can't access the menu bars on the top of the screen. I can't even access my Preferences. How can I get my full screen reverted to normal?
Category: General
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.

hrguru206 :

Hello, are you using Internet Explorer? If so you can just select F11 to switch between full screen and normal screen.

hrguru206 :

You can also usually just hit the ESC key

Customer:

should have advised that I am using Firefox and also use Safari. My computer is a 15" MacBookPro.

Customer:

I hit the esc key to no effect.

hrguru206 :

Have you tried this... Command+Control+F

hrguru206 :

You can also do.... Shift-Command-F

Customer:

Command + Control +F didn't work. Shift+Command+F worked but didn't hold. The page shrunk for a split second but immedidately ended up back on the full screen mode.

Customer:

Tried them both. the 2nd worked for a split second and then reverted to the full screen mode.

Customer:

Neither worked. the second did for a split second but reverted to full screen immediately

hrguru206, Consultant
Experience: Human Resources Professional, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Shift+Command+F did work when I released quickly and the problem was solved. Thankyou.
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just sent a new question to you on the previous window? Did you get it?
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.
No, I apologize I do not see an additional question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe the question that I had asked was about the lighting of my keyboard on my MacBookPro "15. Sometimes the keyboard lights up when I am working in very low light but other times it doesn't. It don't know how either event happens but I would often like to be able to have the lit keyboard but don't know how to cause it. Can you tell me?
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, the sensor on your macbook can be a bit finicky but you can try a couple of things. One, put a piece of dark tape over the sensor or you can try this software:

Lab Tick is free and allows you to control the level of brightness on your
keyboard at all times. You can turn it off completely or brighten it to the
max, and even have it turn itself off after you haven't used the computer for a
while to save battery life.

You can download the software here... http://labtick.proculo.de/

hrguru206, Consultant