Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

so is there a way that my sister and I can both have access

so is there a way that my sister and I can both have access to some items other than a safety deposit box? I do not want her name on the account.
HelloCustomer and welcome back to Just Answer!

If you don't want your sister's name on the account, then a safety deposit box would not be an option.

The only way that both of you could have access to certain items is to purchase a home safe and both have the combination, or buy a safe that has a feature which allows more than one combination to be programmed. In this way, you can each have access to the safe and it's contents, but you can each have separate combinations, if this is the way you want to go.

If there is someone that both you and your sister trust and would agree to have on a safety deposit box account with you, and this person could act on her behalf or sign in with only you present, that's another option; however, if you don't want anyone on the safety deposit box account with you, then that wouldn't work.

Consider the home safe. There are many that are not that expensive and I can recommend some that have a programmable function (on an electronic lock) where two separate combinations can be entered to access the safe, if this would suit your purposes.

I hope this information was helpful to you. If so, please rate my answer with a smiley face (Laughing) and click 'Submit', so I can receive credit for helping you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, and let me know how I can be of additional assistance.

Best regards,