General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
14716023
Type Your Question Here...

what is the fastest way to build credit? me and my boyfriend

what is the fastest way to build credit? me and my boyfriend both have no credit + some bad credit
Thank you for using Just Answer!

The first step in building credit is to eliminate any outstanding debts that you may have in collections or any judgments that may be against you. If you are working with credit agencies you can always try and come to an agreement on a settlement amount less than you actually owe.

The next step is to make your current payments on time, whether it be student loans, credit cards, cay payments, etc.....Making payments of more than the minimum amount due also works in your favor with credit history.

I found an article from "Money Girl" that also may help you out with your credit building. Please review and post any folllow-up questions you may have.

http://moneygirl.quickanddirtytips.com/raise-credit-score-fast.aspx