Karel1
Karel1, Just know a little something
Experience:  about everything
24118
Type Your Question Here...

Locked SV AR

Customer Question

Anyone know about the Chinese History and Hong Kong history and the present time need some information about it and the culture in history to now?
Category: General
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll check them out and see if i need anymore help the i will accept it and rate it because some experts ask me to accept and rate it but support told me only once in same thread otherwise gets locked same questions.
Expert:  Karel1 replied 2 years ago.
That is fine, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know about Hong Kong and China history and culture without those links you sent me?
Expert:  DXJAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi!
I'd like to help but need a little more information to respond.
I'm not sure which cultural and historical information you're looking for.
Could you please clarify that?
Did you have specific questions in mind?
Looking forward to your reply! Smile DXJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About Chinese culture and history am Chinese myself but don't know about it properly since i've been ill all my life so never learnt about my culture and history properly so asking for some help with what Chinese people did in the history and culture before this 2 generations ago til when Chinese history started not sure if you can help me?
Expert:  DXJAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi!
I'm not sure what you really want to know. Chinese history begins in antiquity (roughly 6,000 years ago or more!)
Here is some basic information and a link for further information. If you have a specific question about the history or culture, please let me know.

• China, also known as "Zhong Guo" means the Middle Kingdom. In Chinese worldview, people are not the lords and masters of the earth. Rather, People must find a way to live in harmony with heaven and earth and each other.
  • Philosophies sometimes classified as religion such as Daoism and Confucianism in prehistory. Each sought ways to arrange society so that harmony would prevail.
  • Each Dynasty ruled because it gained the Mandate of Heaven.Of them all, the Tang Dynasty is known as the Golden Era.

• It should also be noted that periods such as the Three Kingdoms and the 16 Barbarian States signify when China remained China but fell into warlordism. Due to the depths of despair experienced during such periods, the barbarism and loss of despotism during such periods, rulers gaining the Mandate of heaven sought ways to maintain harmony and harmonious society. Some of the rulers used Buddhism as the basis for their ruling philosophies. Others used Confucianism. Yet any of these ruling philosophies always contained elements of the other philosophies.

• China is a place geographically divided by rivers and mountains. It is really important to remember this because China is home to 55 ethnic minorities and the majority, Han Chinese. Moreover, dialects and local languages were developed over time because people were bounded geographically by the rivers and mountains and rooted in these locations.Yet, one's home, its locations binds people to each other in China in ways dissimilar from the rest. For example, someone from Hunan province that encounters someone else from Hunan would have a sense of familiarity and often friendship. They share dialect, culture and foods, etc.

• Because China was home to the Silk Road, it benefited from international trade. Many ideas and exchanges were made on the Silk Road.

• Many items you use today were invented in China- paper, printing press, etc. Notably, as well, traveler's checks emerged from "Flying Cash," a necessity of the Silk Road.

• China had international relations with many countries. This system, known as the tributary system. These countries recognized the Superiority of China and could call on China if they experienced external conflicts. China did not interfere with internal conflicts unless the foreign government requested assistance. This continues through current era.
    Notably, as well, this is why China became involved in the Korean war. Korea was a tributary state of China.

• After the Opium Wars, ports were opened and China was semi-colonized by several nations including the U.S. and Japan. The Emperor remained in power, but that may have been for reasons for social stability. This is not to say that during the Opium Wars China was stable. Rather, it would have led to further disharmony.

• In the 1800s, foreigners and foreign ideas caused many problems, especially when being of a certain faith meant favored treatment. Of the most damaging, the Tai Ping Rebellion inspired by Christian religion and missionaries, as well as discontentment during this period, serves as a reminder of unequal relationships and the consequences of such, especially when the West is involved. The rebellion started in Southwest China and moved Eastward and toward Beijing. It ultimately caused the deaths of more than 25 million people and culminated with the foreign powers in China joining the Chinese to put down the Rebellion. Yet, this further oppressed China.

The foreign colonists demanded more reparations and more privileges. Among them, Hong Kong was leased to Britain for 99 years, as was Macao. Due to their placements and ports available, Britain benefited. However, this division caused many problems for China. People within China struggled with ideas about what made the foreigners come over and "take over China," whether cultural ideas or practices were to blame, etc. In fact, many scholars suggest that Japan learned from China's experience. Japan did not want wars with foreigners on its land. Therefore, the Japanese accommodated the requests to open the port differently.

• By the time Chairman Mao claimed victory and established the People's Republic of China, China had been experienced internal and external conflicts form more than 80 years. It is hard to imagine, but true! Taken together with the oppression after the Opium Wars, the subsequent wars with the Japanese and World War II, it is easy to understand why Chairman Mao said, "The Chinese People have stood up!"

I hope this makes sense! It is very hard to condense all the history and do so in meaningful ways.
I am including a link with information about almost every aspect of Chinese history. It should open in a new window.

Chinese history

Each link on the page provides information about each period in history. Each of them is named after the ruling Dynasties.
Additionally, linked content for each era includes inventions, religion, medicine, art, philosophy and literature.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask!Smile DXJ
Expert:  Karel1 replied 2 years ago.
i am opting out
Karel1, Just know a little something
Experience: about everything
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Karel1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to know when Hong Kong and China and Chinese people started to be open like the UK culture and/or tradition of having sex at an early age and having babies and just having sex like Western and European countries do even if they don't want babies if this happened in the past in Chinese history?
Expert:  Karel1 replied 2 years ago.
I do not know perhaps someone else can help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a new account with justanswer just to let you know mangawill2 for difficulties i had with using this account so that you know it's me.