Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

When fishing on land, what is the best time of day and what

When fishing on land, what is the best time of day and what is the best position of a person to the fish concerning light?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and welcome back to Just Answer!

The best time of day to catch the most fish successfully, when fishing from land, is calculated by various factors. The phase of the moon and weather conditions are most important in these calculations. The Farmer's Almanac, a great reference for this, lists the best times of day to fish, according to the days of this month and the next two months of the summer. On June 11, 12, and 13, the best times to fish is in the (early) morning and these days are rated by the Farmer's Almanac formula to be the best days to catch the most fish. Today, June 9th, tomorrow, June 10th and June 20 and 21 are 'good' days to fish in the (early) evening. 'Good' means you should get enough bites and catch enough fish to feel your fishing day has been successful. 'Best' means you will catch something almost every time you put your line in the water.

You can see the predictions of 'good' and 'best' fishing by times of day (morning or evening) for days in the next two months by clicking on the links with dates to the left of the chart, here:

Try to stand at an angle, so you don't cast a shadow in the water or it will spook the fish. Also, please keep in mind that this is all relative to the kind of fish you are going for and the particular area you're fishing in.

Please let me know if you need any additional information or clarification by clicking 'Reply' and directing your response to me, 'Cher'.

A Positive Rating and Positive Feedback are always welcomed and greatly appreciated! Smile

Best regards,
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. I hope you found my answer helpful.

Please let me know if you need any additional information and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

Let me know,
[Expert Name]