SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

What is the meaning of life?

What is the meaning of life?
Category: General
Expert:  pdheslin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to answer your very delicious question.
The answer depends on you of course but spiritually we incarnate into this plane in order to learn to manage our power to create.
Depending on the karmic kessons you chose and contacts you agreed to, you are given opportunities to learn to use that power.
If you have questions on this I would be happy to elaborate.
Warmly,
Pam Heslin
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.
Your question, depending on who you ask is going to a lot of different answers but I will do my best to give you complete and reasonable picture bearing in mind its going to be different depending on each person's beliefs.
Its a tough question, definitely enjoyable to discuss because of how incredibly complex it is to answer. The idea of life is homeostasis, balancing every thing the external world throws at you physically as well as emotionally.
Each and every single person has their own opinion on everything there is the scientific, the selfish, the religious, the spiritual, the selfless ways and a million different other ways to look at life. There are also a myriad of different definitions of "life".
For example a majority of people go through life, complete certain tasks and accomplishments for the purpose of trying to make themselves happy and others around them happy. Some people go through life seeking betterment for themselves, higher learning and education so that they can live a life and have less concerns about money. Some people could care less about money and work toward bettering a skill or a trade they really enjoy because they know that money, while essential in many places to simply live, is not going to make them happy. There is also the psychological argument that people want to be loved and to fit in as part of a group or society as well.
There are people who are absolutely completely selfless and realize that there are those separate from them born into really poor, terrible circumstances. They know that they have been given a chance and have a choice and a lot of freedoms so they decide to help those who are less fortunate.
There is the other end of the spectrum there are those with very strong religious beliefs that believe their place on earth is the result of a higher diety and that they believe their purpose and goals are centered around spreading the word of that particular god.
In the end though, biologically we are a product of our parents' reproduction, and in most cases a lot of humans live with enough freedoms to decide for themselves. Unless you have a strong belief about any one thing, or a very strong religious beliefs the point of life from a scientific standpoint is to live, adapt, grow and survive and further the species. Obviously not everyone wants offspring so what it comes down to is following a reasonable path so that at the end of the day, week, month, year you are happy with your choices - after all thats the benefit of being human, being able to change what we don't like to a certain degree. So basically in short there is no black and white, cut and dry definition to a purpose, it involves thinking of yourself for the purpose of bettering so you can grow personally, build relationships and friendships that will keep both you and the other people in them happy, providing perhaps a benefit to society, if you are a religious person doing your part so you are satisfied with your beliefs as well as if you not religious but a spiritual person, making sure the choices you make throughout satisfy you and keep you comfortable.
Life is about balancing your beliefs and relationships, your societal duty with all the things that make you happy so you can get up the next day and be happy :).
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist