Andy4712, Consultant
Experience:  I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.
Type Your Question Here...

High School Reunion Planning meeting with out of town attendees I

High School Reunion Planning meeting with out of town attendees

I want to have about 5 people from out of town attend our real meeting virtually.
My high school reunion planning committee meets every couple of weeks.
The meeting this week is going to have about 25 people attending. Which is 15 more than our biggest meeting ever. So I want the people from out of town to virtually attend. But I am not what would be the best way. There are obviously several things that have to be taken into consideration. So what do you think
Category: General
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 4 years ago.

You could use virtual websites like gotomeeting. I have used go to meeting. You call in on the phone and use the internet for a presentation. You might want to check into that option. Here are some links:

You could also put people on speaker phone or use skype. You could also have a conference call. My cell phone allows you to conference in sevel people. I would probably just have several cell phones and use speaker. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't think go to meeting is the answer unless I don't know all of its functionality. This is not a presentation but a group of 25 sitting around table trying to figure out how to put on a reunion.
I wanted to do skype but we don't have a room with a big screen we could use. We just have individual computers. But like the idea of the phone it would work well for listening but I am not sure about them being able to be heard when they want to give their opinions on an issue.
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 4 years ago.

Almost everyone has a cell phone these days. I would just have them call in and put it on speaker phone. It would require numerous cell phones at the meeting. However, you would could probably get class members at the meeting with a cell phone to call a friend. You could then get all the phones on speaker phone. Another suggest would be to use facebook. Our class reunion schedule was posted on facebook. It may work better. Then everyone could comment and give suggestions. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply. Thanks.