hrguru206, Consultant
Experience:  Human Resources Professional, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida
Type Your Question Here...

Is this e-mail a Scam? - >Dear Friends; Please do not take

Is this e-mail a Scam? -
>Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates is sharing his fortune. > If you ignore this,You will repent it later
> Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and
> in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program,
> Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test. When you forward this e-mail to
> friends, Microsoft can and will Track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user)? For a
> two weeks time period. For every person that you forward this
> e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to
> that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and ! for every third person that
> receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft
> will contact you for your address and then send you a check.
> Regards XXXXX XXXXX Bailey General Manager Field Operations
Category: General
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 4 years ago.

hrguru206 :

I'm not really sure if it is a "scam" as it does not require money on your part. But I will say that these types of email in my opinion and experience are not legit. I have seen multiple versions over the years and they do not do what they promise. Do not feel stupid in anyway as I know so many people that say "well I at least had to give it a try" I have not personally experienced anything bad from forwarding the info but I personally think you are better off to let these types of emails go in the future.

hrguru206 :

Don't waste any more time thinking about this email, you did what so many others have done (including personal friends and family) and I have not heard of anything bad coming of it.

hrguru206 :
hrguru206 :

Enjoy the rest of your day and put this behind you.

hrguru206 :