pdheslin, Consultant
Experience:  20+ years of internet site creation and search engine optimization. Dozens of search tools at my disposal.
Type Your Question Here...

Can you suggest 3 - 10 drawing software programs for an ar

Can you suggest 3 - 10 drawing software programs for an artist?

pdheslin :

Hello, thank you for allowing me assist you with your question.

pdheslin :

Your best answer depends on what kind of computer you're going to use, Mac or PC, and what kind of input device you're going to use (mouse, or pen)

pdheslin :

The first choice for artists, whether on a Mac or PC, would be Adobe Illustrator. Illustrator allows you to have multiple art boards, and multiple layers. It also allows you the most largest range of print output colors, according to professional print standards.

pdheslin :

The next choice would also be in the Adobe family, Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop is more geared towards automatic artistic plugins, actions an effects, for both the hand drawing artist and non-artist alike.

pdheslin :

If you, or anyone in your family is a K-12 student you can qualify for the educational pricing at a very good discount. Don't be put off by the high ticket price, you can use many different types of discounts to get the product or a suite of products.

pdheslin :

Adobe products would be my first choice recommendations for a new user because of the multitudes of free resources available from Adobe and other sites out on the internet, for education and plugins.

pdheslin :

Another popular drawing program, which also has a long history and many online resources, is Paintshop Pro, which is now owned by Corel.

pdheslin :

Those are my top 3 choices, without knowing more about your hardware and input device, or what type of art you are creating. If you could fill me in on those questions, I could either make a more concrete recommendation, or further define more choices.

pdheslin :

If this answered your question, please let me know by clicking Accept, and I will be happy to continue to answer your questions.

pdheslin :

pdheslin :

Pam Heslin

I think it best if I can get a graphic designer answering this. Adobe is a very general product. But thanks

pdheslin :

Which is why I asked for more specific information about what type of work you'd be doing. Your question was very general :) Opting out so another Graphic Design Expert can assist you.

pdheslin, Consultant
Experience: 20+ years of internet site creation and search engine optimization. Dozens of search tools at my disposal.
Hello. I can assist you with your question.

What type of design are you doing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This really is a question for a Graphic Designer Professional.

I just am not sure how to list this question again on justanswer.

I have already done research and require an expert more than the average layperson answer.

I'm certainly not a layperson on this subject, but you seem to have already made that determination. I will opt out of the question so you can find an Expert that you feel is more qualified. Good luck! Have a great weekend!