A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I am moving from Oakland, CA to Kileen, TX. I need to know

I am moving from Oakland, CA to Kileen, TX. I need to know a couple of options for the least expensive pod service from Oakland, CA to Kileen, TX. I need the company to drop off a pod to my current place of residence in Oakland, allow me to load the pod, then come back, put the pod on their trailer / moving vehicle, and deposit it across the country to Kileen, TX.

Would like the price of one (1) pod. I needs to store my items in the pod for 1 week.

I am planning to move this month, June 2012.
Category: General
Expert:  GeneralistWindylen replied 4 years ago.

Windylen :

Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today. I will start working on this and post my answer soon.

Windylen :

Hi! There are lots of companies which offer services just like what you need. You can check properly to compare rates since it depends on agreement I guess. Here are some where you can choose from: 1- Movers Corp- provides moving labor services. They have experienced workers and tools to load and unload trucks, containers and POD units. You can reach them at XXX-XXX-XXXX or visit www.moverscorp.com. 2- SMART BOX- also offers long distance moving pods and offers one of the cheapest rates. You can contact them at 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX or visit www.smartboxusa.com

Windylen :

Another one is ELITE Moving Labor- this one also offers long distance services. The rates can be check on the website though it depends on agreement. You can call them at XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXX-XXX-XXXX or visit www.elitemovinglabor.com

Customer:

Windylen, can you please give me a couple of options with the rate information based on the description I provided? I am looking for more that the names of companies (I can find that on Google). Please let me know if you need additional information.

Customer:

I am looking for a couple of options for the least expensive service - I need to know what they charge

Windylen :

Hi, you need to call them to determine if they accept 1 week straight. Based on the price of Elite Moving Labor they charge per hour with some discounts. I believe you need to call them to bargain at least and cite your specific requirement.

Windylen :

None of these companies I viewed does not advertise long term, let say for a week like your case. I will check more though.

Customer:

Windylen - can you please forward this question to another expert? This is the 2nd question you have worked on for me but you are asking me to follow up with them for the information I need.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dear Moderator, yes, I am still waiting for an answer. Can you please assign this to another expert? Also, can you please let me know the steps to take if I would prefer not to have Windylen in the future?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

To better serve you, I will forward your questions to Customer Service where a Representative will contact you via email.

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 4 years ago.

Here are a few companies that use the pod-concept. However, we cannot get quotes for you. All require personal information (street address, telephone number) that we do not have access to. You would need to contact each of them yourself for a prope quote.

http://www.pods.com/

http://zipcubes.com/index.php

http://www.uhaul.com/Locations/Ubox-pods-near-Oakland-CA-94621/815025

I found others, but some of them had less than stellar ratings. These had good customer feedback.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Schuyler. If I give you a street address and phone number, would you then be able to obtain the quotes? Are you allowed to provide that level of service?

You are not allowed to give me that information since this is a public forum. Those of us who research have no information about the customer and that is company policy.

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the research you did.
You're so very welcome. Good luck with your move. Smile
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research