JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
Type Your Question Here...

if your boss is found breaking the corporate policy concerning

if your boss is found breaking the corporate policy concerning nepotism ( her assitance is her sister in law). Is there anything that can be done? what is usually the out come? How do I say something if I dont have my 90 days in yet?
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of these circumstances. Does your boss have a supervisor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, he has been known and shown as a push over. But he has voiced the fact that he should never hired her. No one like her, she is very rude and doesn't know how to talk to people. People are scared of her, but if i do not say something, i may make the wrong decisions, please help. She is due to retire in three years, but this unfair advantage she has created, has compromised the job.
Violation of corporate policy is not the violation of the law. Nepotism may be a poor practice but it is not against the law.

You are free to report the matter to upper management or human resources. Understand, however, that there is not protection of one's job.

As a general matter, most employees are at-will and can be terminated at any time. Just cause is not required.

One, of course, is also free to "anonomusly" report the matter to human resources and/or corporate management.

Management is free to act or to do nothing. Management cannot be compelled to act.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to give you excellent service!"
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
through you understanding, what would cause the corporation to look into the matter leading up to the accused parties forced retirement or termination, what facts would have to be in place?
Nothing. The corporation has no legal obligation to look into it.