Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

i WANT TO BUY A NEW i PHONE. WHERE IS BEST PLACE TO GET IT?

i WANT TO BUY A NEW i PHONE. WHERE IS BEST PLACE TO GET IT? LOCAL VERIZON / EBAY?
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Do you want a phone with a contract?

Which I phone are you planning on getting?

Do you have a specific Cell phone carrier you are using now?

Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
APPLE 4 2G VERIZON. YES I WOULD LIKE A CONTRACT...OLD ONE NOT UPGRADEABLE. TKS SANDY
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Verizon and AT&T have competive deals on the I Phone 4 G and 4 GS. What I suggest is go online to both sites and see what they are offering. Once you do that, then call both companies on the phone. The 2 companies will try to outdo one another.

So far the best deal I have seen is from Verizon with a lot of extras. The big thing is you have to agree a 2 year contract.

Buying off ebay is more expensive, since you will be paying a high dollar amount and still have to get a service package. There is also a service guarantee available if something happens or the Phone is lost when you go through Verizon or AT&T.

The key is to see which company in your area will give the best after you tell them what the other is offering.

Walmart and Target also have Phone Kiosyks that do the Phone service for Verizon and AT&T and sometimes have the phones for $99.00 with a two year contract.

AT&T and Verizon may also have some refurbished phones that you can get for less. As a Side note in November if not sooner the release of the I Phone 5 is coming out.

Verizon: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/iphone

AT&T: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/packages/packages-details.jsp?q_package=sku5370394

Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tks. so much. I plan to keep my Verizon number so it seems like my best bet is to start with verizon store and see if I can get a plan,phone and 2yr. deal. Guess I can checkout Target also.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Verizon is a good company and has a good track record. I would still see what the best AT&T will do and tell Verizon and maybe you will get a few more perks if they feel you are going to switch carriers.

I stopped by the Target Kiosysk and found they have the I Phone 4GS for $149.99 with a 2 year contract in Verison and AT&T.

Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any opinion of LG dare phone? I am now looking at simpler phones with big texting and a good camera. Grandma.
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

I personally found the Samsung Galaxy S phones to be excellent and much more reasonable. http://www.samsung.com/us/topic/our-galaxy-smartphones

I do not like the LG phones. I have had them and they have been in and out of repair and finally changed out.

Again you can go to the Target Kiosysk or Walmart and you will find better deals. They did have the Samsung Galaxy ll for $20 with a 2 year contact, and there is a new Motorola Razr out by Verizon that is excellent and has a terrific guarantee. Screen and casing is guaranteed, which is not usual with most of the phones. http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/DROID-RAZR-BY-MOTOROLA-US-EN

Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Great. Tks.