Andy4712
Andy4712, Consultant
Experience:  I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.
17793914
Type Your Question Here...

Hello, Ive recently made the decision to purchase a home.

Hello, I've recently made the decision to purchase a home. I currently live in a one bedroom condo with two dogs and for my age and point in my career, I know I need to take the next step (grow up) and do this. I keep hearing and have been told this is the best time to purchase a home.

I've found several properties that are great, however I'm a bit apprehensive on the purchase. I'm looking for advice on applying for my mortgage. My credit is not the greatest, however I have closed several credit cards and working on others. I am prior military, so I will be using my VA loan. I have not applied for a mortgage, what can I do to ensure I have everything done to get my loan?

Thank you for all your help and advice.
Category: General
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 2 years ago.
I would get a copy of your credit report and review it to make sure it is correct. I would also start talking to a bank that handles VA loans. You will need to get your tax records togther and apply for a loan. Typically, if you have other accounts with a bank you get a better deal. If you have a local bank, then I would start with the local bank. I would also check quicken loans and lending tree on the internet. They will provide you with rates and terms. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply and I will provide additional information. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What would impact getting a mortgage or the amount of the loan? If there are errors on my loan, would it take a long time to correct? How long would it delay the loan? Should I stop looking until I have the mortgage? I have seen ads on the realtor sites that say to apply here for a pre approved loan, would that still be a mortgage application?
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 2 years ago.
If you get preapproved, then it would take less time to close. I would shop around to get the lowest interest rate and lowest closing cost. You need to qualify for a loan. It depends upon your income and credit. Typically, there are not errors on loans. The bank or you can typically sign papers to correct the errors. Do you mean a credit report? You can provide a state or write to the reporting agency or creditor to correct the error. You can also provide a statement on your credit report. Yes. Preapproval is basically an application for a loan. It says that you have have been approved for a loan. Most offers are contingent on financing so a preapproval shows that you are ready, able, and willing to buy.
Andy4712, Consultant
Experience: I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.