How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Karel1 Your Own Question

Karel1
Karel1, Just know a little something
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 565
Experience:  about everything
24118
Type Your Question Here...
Karel1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does anybody know of a medical plan or a discount dental plan

Resolved Question:

Does anybody know of a medical plan or a discount dental plan which does not have pre-existing conditions?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Hello,

If you want something that is not a major medical insurance, but an interim coverage there are companies that offer X amounts of visits with no deductable and if you need Hospital they pay a percentage of the bill. The ER Deductable is $100.

 

 

I personally had to take that type insurance for 6 months due to pre existing conditions and could not get a regular coverage.

 

Once you are off regular insurance for 6 months you can apply for a different policy for pre existing conditions in this link: https://www.pcip.gov/

 

 

There are a couple of Companies that offer this minor type covereage: Defined Health or Multi Plan. They are directed by American Medical and Life Insurance Company 1-800-290-3869 or you can check out USA Select Choice owned by Beech Street 1-877-693-9091.

 

 

The price of the interim plans run in the $200-$300 range a month charged to your bank checking account or a credit card. This is the cheapest way to have some type of coverage for minor issue you may encounter and they do offer Medical and Dental.

 

 

Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
See the problem is she has medicare. I'm not sure if we could sign her up with any other polocies?
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Hello,

She may be able to pick up a supplemental policy through AARP. They do offer supplemental policies that may work for her. This is a link for AARP and the insurance section: http://www.aarphealthcare.com/home.html?cmp=MBCH-INSPRO-AHC-041012

Hopefully they will have a supplement to fit her needs. Joan

Expert:  Karel1 replied 4 years ago.

You can also go to this website, Its the Medicare.gov website there are links to see all the plans one can get with medicare, or a managed care which is medicare included in the plan. However I myself get a supplemental plan from aarp. However its $250.00 per month that is for Plan F which is the best . Medicare pays 80% of the bill and AARP Plan F would pay the remaining 20. If you just stay with plain medicare you are required to pay the other 20% of anything medical and if you need for instance a MRI, or other test that 20% can be quite costly, whereas having AARP you pay absolutely nothing. They also have other plans A thru J. If you want to get aarp. you can call 1-800-272-2146 > They are so helpful, and will literally go over and explain the prices and each and every plan to you. Here is the link for medicare.

http://www.medicare.gov/default.aspx

Karel1, Just know a little something
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 565
Experience: about everything
Karel1 and 38 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would you know any plans that have a dentist coverage around Gainesville, FL?
Expert:  Karel1 replied 4 years ago.
You can also call AARP they do have a dental plan. What it covers I dont know, however most dental coverages do not cover much at all. But I would think for seniors AARP is good, Sometimes now private dentist have dental plans . You can ask when you call to make an appointment. Whatever you do do dont get whats called care credit for dentist. Its a credit card some dentist accept, and the interest is ridiculous, You are better off asking the dentist if they have a payment plan before you do care credit. But call and ask AARP
Karel1, Just know a little something
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 565
Experience: about everything
Karel1 and 38 other General Specialists are ready to help you