General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
14716023
Type Your Question Here...

How to rid Scorpions from inside your house, can a get a Entomologist

How to rid Scorpions from inside your house, can a get a Entomologist Expert or pest control Expert. Need more than one Expert , please
Category: General
Expert:  General Jay replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer!

I live in Florida and actually had a similar problem when my family moved into our new home a few years ago. I got stung below my eye in the middle of the night, so I can feel your pain and anxieties about having scorpions in the house. I traced the root of my problem to the attic and its possible that is where the majority of the scorpions are living and then making their way into the living space.

The first point of action is to clear the outside of your home that may contribute to scorpions being near the house. Scorpions tend to hide in structure such as rock piles, wood piles, piles of trash and under the bark of trees. If you have any of these items near the house it would be best to clear the area and reduce places that scorpions will be comfortable.

Secondly, you need to inspect the outside of your home for entry points. These could be holes in screens, holes in soffit vents, weather stripping around doors, etc....Any entry points you find need to be properly sealed to prevent the scorpions from entering the house.

Lastly, use of an insecticide. There are insecticides that can be applied to the perimeter of your home around doors, windows, garages, etc....I used to use a product called Demon WP and had success. The WP stands for wettable powder and is better for use against scorpions. I would also recommend dusting your attic with Delta Dust because I found that the scorpions were harboring in my attic insulation.

I hope this is helpful with your scorpion problem and please feel free to post any follow-up questions you may have.

General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience: General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.