Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

Can someone translate instructions from Japan?I bought a

Can someone translate instructions from Japan?
I bought a "Dia Kirex Diamond Sharpener, Made in Japan" but those are the only words in English. Could someone translate the instructions to English? I could scan the instructions. Thanks
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

While I don't speak Japanese, I can give you some information that will help you sort it out.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Product Description

Our Ceramic Knife Diamond Sharpener for Ceramic Knives - #94035 is the most popular ceramic knife sharpener in Japan. In fact the Japanese company, Dia Kirex, would not let MIU change the packaging for import into the USA, because they wanted to maintain their identity. Although ceramic knives last 10 times longer then steel, they eventually need to be sharpened and this great knife sharpener makes it easy. Simply swipe your ceramic knife, back and forth a few times, through the diamond sharpening mechanism. Its unique design angles your knife and sharpens both sides at once. The sharpener and non slip feet to hold it in place on your counter or tabletop and a easy to grip handle to make your sharpening easy and trouble-free. Works with all ceramic knives. NOTE: Use only a diamond sharpening mechanism on your ceramic knives - use of sharpeners, for steel knives, will only dull your ceramic blades. -- For over 15 years MIU has been producing kitchenware for the gourmet industry. Their extensive knowledge on product design, market demand and most importantly what customers want has made their products favorites all over the world. Their products are elegant and made from the finest quality materials including 18/10 stainless, ceramic, glass & natural woods. -- Size: 7L x 2H x 1.5D Inches; Color: Black

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found that information and a lot more. What I am specifically looking for is how much pressure to apply when dragging the knife across the wheel. Light, moderate, heavy? Others have commented that when they used it, the knife actually was not as sharp after they finished. I am aware that too little or too much pressure can give negative results, thus I would like to follow directions. I can scan the box side that has the instructions if you let me know how to send it to you. Thanks

Sure.

I've seen similar problems, but generally with people trying to use it to sharpen metal.

I can tell you from many years of sharpening instruments for fossil preparation that as a general rule, the lighter the touch the better - an extremely find edge is fragile and cannot be accomplished with force. The lighter the better.

But if you want to scan the instructions, I will see what I can do.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can scan to a PDF file. How can I get it to you?
Thanks
This will be the easiest way.

Go to Wikisend: free file sharing service

Upload there. When you are done, it will give you a link that you can then post here for me to download.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://wikisend.com/download/332568/diakarex.pdf

In addition to what you sent, here is:

Rex key diamond knife sharpener diamond DIT-01
Safety design handle fits the hand, to protect the hand from the blade of the knife. You can cap Hazuse transparency of the body, wash the polishing unit. Because it uses a diamond wheel, can be used for stainless steel, ceramic, and titanium knives.
It is equipped with silicon rubber, has been stable without slipping. 80 degrees body, cap temperature: heat-resistant silicone rubber resin ABS, cap Body

Any product characteristic feature (diamond key Rex) Rex key DIT-01 diamond knife sharpener diamond knife sharpener diamond industry diamond key Shimomura? Safety design handle fits the hand, to protect the hand from the blade of the knife. You can cap Hazuse transparency of the body, wash the polishing unit. Because it uses a diamond wheel, can be used for stainless steel, ceramic, and titanium knives. It is equipped with silicon rubber, has been stable without slipping. 80 degrees body, cap temperature: heat-resistant silicone rubber resin ABS, cap Body: Material: Polycarbonate ■ 120 degrees, wheel size: ■ basic product diamond wheel (mm) 43 × horizontal 175 × vertical (approx.) 57 height Product Weight (g)-producing countries 88 ■ (approx.): Japan

Raise the knife sharpener to use the diamond particles to the grinding wheel, cut a knife made of stainless steel, titanium and ceramic products.

63g · diamond particles 203 × horizontal 45 × vertical height Weight: about 60mm vertical height of about 175 × 42 × horizontal Resin: ABS, silicone rubber cap Body: Material / Product Size grindstone: Diamond grinding wheel about 125g box polycarbonate resin size Raise the knife sharpened to cut, stainless steel, ceramic, a knife made of titanium because you are using.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
My understanding is specifically that the instructions are incorrect in stating that it can and should be used on anything but ceramic knives.

Ok... I did look at the scan. The information on the box is useless. You aready have more information. The information I gave you the first time is more accurate than any of the other information. This IS the correct information on that product. What is on the box IS NOT.

Here is the actual page at Sears

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM4057577901P

At any rate, please be careful using this on your ceramic knives. Akthought it is "designed" for them, from what I've read so far, it's a piece of junk and shouldn't be trusted with expensive knives of any kind. You'd be best off getting a product that everyone that has used doesn't hate. At appears as though the device does not do what it's supposed to... and that's almost unanimous among the customer comments I have seen. That's what I've gathered anyway.

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.