TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

I have a 1906 photograph from a commercial studio in Ohio.

Customer Question

I have a 1906 photograph from a commercial studio in Ohio. It shows two men standing next to their bicycles. They look like the Wright Brothers. Can someone help authenticate this?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, Here is a link to the photographs that the Library of Congress have http://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/?st=grid&co=wri . Many of the photographic negatives were damaged in the flood of 1913 so if your photograph is an original it probably is better than any negatives in their collection. I have handled some photographs but am not an expert in that era but if you would like to send me an image of your photograph I may be able to eliminate it based on the backgrounds and such. Thanks Tom

Customer:

two men and bicycles 1906
Full Size Image

Customer:

I tried uploading the second photo but wasn't able to...probably just enlarging will give you the information needed. Since I wrote to Justanswer.com I received a replay from the air and space museum at the Smithsonian stating "definitely not the Wrights. Of the two famous brothers, only Orville had a mustache. Sorry!"

Full Size Image

Customer:

It looks like the larger image did upload.

Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.
Hello again, even though it is not the Wrights it appears to be in very good condition and should have a value of $15 to $30. Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when I 'accept' your answer do you automatically receive payment, or do I need to add bonus so you get paid?
Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.
I automatically get paid Thanks Tom