Coach Jen K.
Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience:  Entrepreneur, Life Coach and Social Worker
64783947
Type Your Question Here...

Golf Long Drive Question - Why am I hitting the ball super

Golf Long Drive Question - Why am I hitting the ball super high in the air all of the sudden and getting all the way under the ball. I had been driving it 300 + yards for the last coulple years? What part of my swing is breaking down??
Category: General
Expert:  Coach Jen K. replied 2 years ago.

CoachJenK :

Hi. It's me again, CoachJenK. I still believe you have a reverse pivot on your take-away so that when you start your downswing you are forced to go to your right side causing the weight to be on the outside of the right foot causing you to hit under and up on the ball.You must get your weight to the left side on the take away and on the inside of the right foot and then start your downswing by turning your hips and getting completely to the left side. If the ball is going up like that, you are hanging on your right side.

CoachJenK :

in other words...on the take away I believe your weight is on the right instead of the left and then it is shifting to the right rather than the other way around. Hanging back on the right foot on downswing will cause you to hit under causing the ball to go up.

Customer:

you might be right again, because I slightly sprained my left ankle in the last few days and even though its better, it is probably causing me to hang back a little - because of pain!

CoachJenK :

YES!!!

CoachJenK :

time to go sit on a lounge chair and read a book for a bit. :-) not your style I know!

Customer:

Makes sense, even though I am recovering from a tennis L ankle roll and seems better, my ankle probably is trying to protect itself. Your so SMART!

Customer:

Is there anything that you do not know?

CoachJenK :

TONS but I am smart enough to stay away from those questions. :-)

Customer:

Have an awesome evening and I will catch ya next time!

CoachJenK :

take care of that ankle. and rest

Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience: Entrepreneur, Life Coach and Social Worker