Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

is there such a thing as the hebrew bible , also in relation

is there such a thing as the hebrew bible , also in relation to the bible what does a.d.d. stand for and b.c.e. stand for ?????
Category: General
Expert:  GeneralistWindylen replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today.
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.
Hello again,

Thank you for requesting my help; I'm sorry I wasn't online at the time you first posted. The Jewish bible is what Christians refer to as the Old Testament. The first five books of the Bible are called the Torah. sometimes that word is sued to describe the entire Old Testament, but that is most often referred to as the 'Written Torah." There are other sacred writings in Judaism. you can read the details here:

http://www.jewfaq.org/torah.htm

B.C.E. stands for "Before the Common Era." It is considered a less Christian-centered way to refer tot he old time Christians refer to as BC (Before Christ). I can find no reference to the use of A.D.D., but A.D. comes from the Latin Anno Domini, which means 'year of the Lord." The Abbreviation C.E., for "Common Era" is used in its place along with the B.C.E. explained above. You can read more about these abbreviations here:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ce.htm

As always, if you need anything else, let me know by clicking on REPLY.

Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience: Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.