A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I have a set of R25a Ref: 3032U which seems similar to Pro

I have a set of R25a Ref: 3032U which seems similar to Pro Nano Titanium 5 roller. I obtained set from a friend without instructions. Can I ask - should they heat up with the lid down? and should anything happen to tell me they are ready? The light does come on to tell me they are plugged in and heating. Your reply would be greatly appreciated.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to the Just Answer General category. Can you specify what a R25a Ref: 3032U is so we can put your question in the category where there is someone to help you? Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a Babyliss set and that is the Type Number R25a Ref 3032U on the base of the black box set with three very large rollers in front sitting on steel rods and two slightly smaller rollers at the rear. There are five clips in the front. I looked it up on the Babyliss site and they are virtually identically in look to the Pro Nano Titanium five roller set. The front light is in exactly the same place. They look exactly the same - but may be a previous model. Please advise regarding the plastic lid - should it be up or down - any indication on these as to when they are hot enough - should there be a flashing light??

I actually have a Carmen set and can't remember if the plastic cover should be on the rollers or off when they are plugged in.

Your reply would be really helpful

Thanks.

After some more research, I found you are asking about electric hair rollers. The plastic lid should be closed when the rollers are heating. The little dot on the end of the roller will change color when the rollers have reached the correct temperature, which should occur within about 5 minutes. This is probably the ceramic set that predated the titanium set which is just a bit lighter in weight.

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research