General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
14716023
Type Your Question Here...

I have a 30 ft round above ground pool, I opened the pool a

Customer Question

I have a 30 ft round above ground pool, I opened the pool a couple days ago, the workers removed the cover and put it on the grass while they cleaned it, now the grass in that area where they put the cover is brown, is it dead, and what can I do to recover the lawn?
Category: General
Expert:  General Jay replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!

If the grass was only covered with the pool cover for a couple days then it should be fine and recover. It may look bad and somewhat brown, but I have I have seen scenarios where we were intentionally trying to kill grass with tarps and it took over a week to kill it.

I recommend watering it everyday for atleast 20 minutes for the next few days until you start to see some of the color return. Keep the top layer of soil moist and it should recover.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, it was only cover for a couple of hours, so I'm glad I won't have to do any extensive lawn work to get it to recover, thank you again

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

You are welcome. The grass will be fine if it was only a couple of hours.