Karel1, Just know a little something
Experience:  about everything
Type Your Question Here...

i have a mioelectric prosthetic left arm, the arm hinders me

i have a mioelectric prosthetic left arm, the arm hinders me more than helps me. i am having trouble getting my SPE certificate because the indot people don't like the arm either.i have passed a road test given by the saftey director with the trucking company i work for with just my right arm all the trucks have automatic transmisons. is there any way to get around the SPE certificate & get a waiver or certificate that would allow me to go back to work using my good right arm? thanks phil baker
What state are you from
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i live in indiana
After doing some research I came across the person who wrote the rules on people with disabilities. I suggest you give her a call. She is at the indiana motor vehicle bureau 100 north seante ave. room 405 indianopolis, indiana. Her name isXXXXX number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Ask for her, if they cant find her on the list ask for room 405. She would be able to guide you best. If this dont work I would call the American for Disabilities in your area.But I think this lady would give you the proper information , since she was the one involved in the driver fitness group of people with disabilities obtaining licenses. It also would help getting medical documentation that you can drive. This is the best I can do. Good luck.