Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

Hello, I run a sexual assault and domestic violence program.

Hello, I run a sexual assault and domestic violence program. I am looking to train my advocates to more then advocacy, but also to protect themselves against offenders who may retalliate against them.

I've looked at a self defense class for them, however I am looking for more suggestions. any ideas would be great. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Many karate studios give self defense classes and I am a Martial Artist trained in American Kenpo, which is a no nonsense style of self defense. There is a newer style that has been established By Edmund Parker Jr. Which is called Kinetica which is considered a Paxial Martial Art. It is self defense without force. It is fairly new and just becoming established and taught throughout the US and Europe. This is some information about Kinetica:

I can give you a phone number where you can speak with someone about Kinetica and find out about an instructor or school in your area where it can be taught to your Advocates: [email protected] or call us at(NNN) NNN-NNNN or

1(NNN) NNN-NNNN Razors Edge American Kenpo Karate or use this email to contact Sensei Cynthia Graham: [email protected] . She can put you in touch with an instructor in your area. Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, this will be for my advocates all over the states, Germany, Korea, Italy, and Brussels. That would make it difficult for some. However it is a great idea which I will add and see if any are near my installations.

Any other ideas?
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Mr Parker is on his way to Brussels this evening and actually has instructors all over the world. I think if you Conatct Mr Parker at the first phone number and e mail that I supplied, he will be able to hook you up. I started this in my 40's and am instructor and my son a Black Belt Sensei. I truely believe that American Kenpo may be the route that would work for you. I have trained with many Kenpoists from all over the world and it is a great self defense. The style is adptable for the person and their abilities. Joan