General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
Type Your Question Here...

Rimowa luggage Lock Re-Set.

Customer Question

I am a locksmith with a customer who has a Rimowa luggage carry-on. She has forgotten the combination on her lock and now can't close the piece. It looks like there are 3 types of locks. She has one of the two that have a TSA override. Can anyone advise how I can reset the combination without knowing the existing combination? Can I pick the TSA lock and then reset the combination? Is there a way to "crack" the existing combination?
Category: General
Expert:  General Jay replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer!

There is no way to reset the lock without knowing the current combination. If this was the case then anyone would be able to gain access to the luggage just by resetting the code.

You can attempt to pick the TSA lock, but there is still no way to reset the code without know the current combination.

The only way to "crack" the existing code is to enter every combination of numbers until one works, but I dont think that anyone has the time or energy to go through an exercise such as that.

Most people typically set a combination to a number that means something to them, whether it is a bday, anniversary, lucky number, etc......Hopefully your customer has exhausted all attempts to remember the number that was set.

The best option for your customer is to find an authorized store or shop so that they can address the issue. I have attached a link to their website so the closest can be located.

Feel free to post any follow-up questions you may have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was expecting a response to someone with specific expertise in luggage locks. While I believe your answer is accurate, it isn't particularly helpful as it didn't contain anything that I already didn't know.

The job is for a friend. So, based on some things that I found online, I am going to try to figure out what the current combination is and then re-program the code. That failing, I am going to advise my friend that he will need to ship the piece of luggage off to an authorized repair facility.

I'm going to accept your answer, but am not going to leave you a tip.